Monday 29 September 2014

You will be remembered

It’s almost time. Time to let go. But then, I hold you tight with both my hands. One more time. One last time. A thousand memories flash across my mind.
You were a beauty once. Now, others viewed you as just another, of the older generation. Even with the lines that are now permanently etched on you, you are beautiful to me.

You were there for me day and night. Through thick and thin. You knew the darkest secrets that I shared only with my best friends. You knew the people whom I loved and cared for. You knew about the annoying ones that I tried to ignore.  You knew about my fumbling fingers whenever I texted my crush. You were privy to the list of people, I secretly stalked. Even when you were low yourself, you held out for me and patiently put up with my woeful tales. You have seen me at my best and at my worst. You had held my tears during those miserable nights. The class gossips, those misguided rumours, those useless banters, you patiently listened to them all. When my brother tried to make you spill the beans, you protected me by letting out not a single word. But now, with your memory now entirely gone, I wonder whether you remember all those days.

Though you were never physically strong, I felt safe when you were with me. In those dark alleys with the jeering men, those nights of long travel, I just held on to you tightly. You helped me salvage my relationship with my loved one. You were the constant buffer between me and my mother. You helped me mend many a fight with her. Though my mom knew that you were a necessary part of my life, she thought that you spoilt me a lot. She never had the love for you that I had. Well, She’s old and she will never understand our special bond. She told me that relationships wouldn’t be the same after marriage. You told me that I can always reach out to my friends and proved her wrong.

I could see that you were getting older. Having been with you for a while now, I could see the white lines that have started showing up on your face. You had seen many a bad days and put up with many a bad tempered people. Even when you had hit the rock bottom and no one expected you to survive, you came back, just for me, I believe. I promised myself to take better care of you. But then, soon your memory was no longer enough to hold every change in my life. When I complained to my parents, they told me that I have to accept you the way you had become. You had become dependent on the life support system. We tried replacing a vital  part to extend your life expectancy. But then, in few months, I knew it was all in vain. That your end was near. Others may take your place in my life, but you will always be remembered. Goodbye Dear Sony Xperia Neo V, my first-ever smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment