Monday 15 September 2014

Shattered dreams

With dreams and hopes I walk in
Only to have them shattered within
My imagination was locked out
As the huge door closed shut.

To me, he was the guy next-door
With long dialogues that were never a bore
Though he was witty and smart,
He had many a fault.

But now, a faultless superhero he was
With only one-liners to toss
Though his six pack was a visual treat,
He wasn’t the guy I wanted to meet.

His hopeless love for her I knew about
Which due to his pride, he lost almost
I had shed quite a few tear
When they finally got together.

But now, it seemed like pure lust
And he was just so damn arrogant
Now it was just another
No –different, hot and steamy affair.

Then, the explosions weren’t this loud
Even when I was covered only by my hood.
Then, his enemies weren’t dumb and gruesome
And even they were worth my time.

I empathized with him
When he lost his near and dear
I laughed with him
When his laugh was loud and clear.

But now, I was just a stone-cold observer
Right in the middle of nowhere.
I had fallen for his character
But now, our connection was lost forever.

I ran home to my book,
Which lovingly, into my hands, I took.
It was just another movie,
That didn’t do justice to the masterpiece!

2 comments:

  1. Simply Superb!!!
    May I know which book you were talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not one book in specific hema..Have felt it with many movies that are based on books

      Delete