Tuesday 29 April 2014

Gone are the Golden days..

Distant echoes of mindless laughter
As at my monitor, I continue to stare
The endless lines of code
Drives me into a wide eyed sleep mode.

Walking down the memory lane,
Recollecting many a random John and Jane
Only a few I care to bother
And how they are, I ponder.

Separated by distance and time zone,
And finally left all alone.
With no shoulder to weep on
We pick ourself up and move on.

The crazy nightouts are long gone
Though the moon shines on..
The wind has passed over
Never to return to the garden ever..

Long hours of chats
Replaced by  “hi – bye”  texts..
Well memorized phone numbers
Needs to  be searched through contacts.

I resolve to call and catch up
With the usual startup – Wats up!
I wake up from my trance
And throw the clock at the bottom corner a glance.

Excuses battle out inside my head
Tomorrow I’ll call up, I decide
I hear a small voice say,
“Tomorrow’s gonna be just another similar day”.

1 comment:

  1. “Tomorrow’s gonna be just another similar day”? or tomorrow "I have to wake and seize the day"??

    ReplyDelete