Friday 2 March 2012

JUST A CRUSHHH

I had dressed with extra care
For the umpteenth time, I glanced at the mirror
I knew that he’d be there
And I could feel my heart flutter.

I answered my friends mechanically
While my eyes scanned the room desperately
I spotted him sitting in a corner
Silently sipping his beer.

Tall, fair, handsome and smart
Dressed in a black tee,”God! He was so hot!!”
With his fringe swaying as he moved
He looked nothing less than a greek God.

He looked up and our eyes met
My heart skipped a beat
He gave a big crooked smile
And my pulse raced as if I had run a mile.

As he stood up and came towards me
Even an earthquake could’nt have uprooted me.
A huge grin spread across my face
I could’nt help it;as he walked forward in a slow pace.

Though I tried to appear confident and bold
I felt my entire body go cold
My hear t raced
And I stood paralysed.

He greeted and said something funny
And I started giggling uncontrollably
I wanted to say something cool
But my brain drew a blank and I stood like a fool.

My friend nudged me on my ribs
And I came back to my senses
To concentrate on the conversation, I tried really hard
But his eyes frequently had me distracted.

Books, movies, relationships.. the topics ranged
And I was about to label him as well read
Until he asked that lame question
Which doesn’t even deserve a mention.

A bubble burst somewhere inside
And my disappointment I tried to hide
The charm and attraction were no longer there
And my mind wandered away elsewhere.

It was just a crush that got crushed
Anyway it felt good while it lasted

No comments:

Post a Comment